The wait is finally over, the gentlemen at Raspberrypi.org have just released the Raspberry Pi 4!! One of the most popular series of single board computers to hit the market.
One of the most significant upgrades to the Raspberry pi 4 model is the ram. When you order the Pi4 you will now be granted with the options to be able to select rams ranging from 1gb, 2gb and 4gb. The price for the 1gb base model is $35, the 2gb is $45 and the 4gb model is $55. The 4gb will be a better choice for those that want more onboard memory and smoother emulation needs.
The CPU was upgraded with a Quad-core Broadcom clocked at 1.5ghz, up from the previous 1.4ghz that was on the Pi 3 model. The Pi 4 also includes 4K support, dual display support, faster Ethernet and two 3.0 USB ports. It’s also worth noting that your previous setups from the earlier versions will work on the new Raspberry pi 4 as well. Take a look at the impressive specs below.
- Broadcom BCM2711, Quad core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz
- 1GB, 2GB or 4GB LPDDR4-2400 SDRAM (depending on model)
- 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11ac wireless, Bluetooth 5.0, BLE
- Gigabit Ethernet
- 2 USB 3.0 ports; 2 USB 2.0 ports.
- Raspberry Pi standard 40 pin GPIO header (fully backwards compatible with previous boards)
- 2 × micro-HDMI ports (up to 4kp60 supported)
- 2-lane MIPI DSI display port
- 2-lane MIPI CSI camera port
- 4-pole stereo audio and composite video port
- H.265 (4kp60 decode), H264 (1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode)
- OpenGL ES 3.0 graphics
- Micro-SD card slot for loading operating system and data storage
- 5V DC via USB-C connector (minimum 3A*)
- 5V DC via GPIO header (minimum 3A*)
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) enabled (requires separate PoE HAT)
- Operating temperature: 0 – 50 degrees C ambient
* A good quality 2.5A power supply can be used if downstream USB peripherals consume less than 500mA in total.
The Raspberry pi 4 is on sale right now, and you can grab it from a list of thier trusted retailers below.
Are you planning on buying the Raspberry pi 4? If so let us know @hackinformer.com