Well here we are; another firmware release from Nintendo and another update for SX OS. This cat and mouse of Nintendo and hackers feels like back in the day with Sony and hackers. Ultimately one will win in the long run, but in the meantime we still have support for our SX dongles! Read on and see what there is to see.
“We are back with another update for SX OS. As you all probably know, one of our main priorities is making sure existing users are able to keep enjoying SX OS.
This update brings full compatibility for the recent firmware update 8.1.0.
Nothing more, nothing less. We have some very cool features lined up that are not quite ready for primetime yet. And we didn’t want to keep you waiting till next september either.
So what are you waiting for? SX OS 2.8 beta is available for download on our website now! (and through the builtin online updater part of SX OS, of course)”
Where to Buy:
The best current place to buy in the US, and generally has sales pretty often is from Mod3DSCard’s site. I have the link here if you just need an SX OS license, here if you want to buy just an SX Gear, or here if you want the grand daddy SX Pro.
- Download the latest SX OS beta boot.dat file from here.
- Insert your Switch’s microSD card into your computer.
- Drag and drop boot.dat file to the microSD card. If you have an old boot.dat file, let this overwrite it. If you’re a new SX OS user, this just sits on the root.
- Return your microSD card to your Switch and use it how you always have.
- Boot the system using the SX Pro dongle or the payload injection method as you always have.