After announcing it and showing off a few pics just around a week ago the Citra 3DS Emulator Core is now available for RetroArch. All you have to do is download the core, get yourself some decrypted 3DS Roms and start playing.
Here’s how to get the Core.
- Start RetroArch.
- Go to Online Updater -> Update Cores.
- Download ‘Nintendo 3DS (Citra)’ from the list.
There are still some things which are not fully implemented in this version. Some examples include:
- Save states are not implemented. And savestates don’t seem to be implemented in upstream either, so not much that can be done about it.
- Don’t switch from windowed to fullscreen mode or vice versa when running this core; it currently does not handle this well and you might find you have to restart the core if you do this.
- Touchscreen / mouse support is very premature so far and does not really work well. This will be fixed later; some kind of onscreen cursor should have to be shown as well in non-windowed mode.
Also upcoming over the next few days are the RedDream (new Sega Dreamcast Emulator), OpenLara (a open source Tomb Raider Game engine clone which is work-in-progress) and a Dolphin (Wii and Gamecube Emulator) Core.