Many of our viewers have read or even used the Gamestick by Playjam if you haven’t it’s like many other Android TV dongles. Gamestick offers a simple and easy to use menu which displays your digital library on boot. I recently purchased a Gamestick from GameStop which wasn’t easy to get since most were sold out, I was able to pick one up for about $18 not bad for what it is.
The Other Brothers
Developers: Simian Squared Ltd
Gamestick, iOS , Mac/PC
- Experience a striking, modern twist on the 16-bit Platformer genre
- Unique eye-popping and hand painted pixel art style
- Rock out to the original soundtrack written and recorded especially!
- Explore unique, multi-path levels that you’ll come back to time and again
- Fight entertaining enemies with personality, can you discover their weaknesses?
- Action packed, original boss fights
- Entertaining hand crafted cut scenes
- High replay value and rewarding gameplay
- 3 Star rating system and unlockable character
- Simian Tech engine provides authentic Mode 7 visuals
- 3 different control options to try
My first pick of the game selections was The Other Brother a new take on classic retro platformer with the feel of Super Mario Brothers in a darker setting. The game will have you on edge with plenty of enemies and crazy boss fights. I really liked how interactive each level was the levels depth gave an understanding of how the game world was. Gritty pixel art was key to getting me to play this game as feels like a new take on generation old game style. If you haven’t had the chance to try The Other Brothers is recommend trying it out when you get the chance.
Gamestick, Android, iOS
- Unique mix of genres with arcade, action, stealth and puzzle gameplay elements.
- 32 meticulously designed levels, each with a different twist.
- Creative gameplay – think of your own ways how to beat the game.
- Online leaderboards – Your highscore can only grow bigger every time you play.
- Signature soundtrack by Kubatko
- Support for HID game controllers
Later today I picked my second game I chose EVAC browsing through the store the colors caught my eye. EVAC is a modern take on the old school Pac-Man x50 with an EDGY twist. Every level will have you scratching your head as you work your skills to solve each puzzle. As much fun as EVAC is being trying to be patient and changing to running from enemies with have you up and down. If your looking for a fun puzzler and love Pac-Man this is my recommendation “Get it”.
If you liked EVAC HEXAGE also offers some other fun games Reaper, Radiant Defense, Radiant/ Radiant HD, Robotek, Totemo, Everlands.
On the downside the games weren’t as enjoyable as they could have been on Gamestick due to hardware limitations and the closed system. These games are available for other mobile platforms and defiantly worth playing.