Hello one and all! I’ll keep this section short and sweet because I want to get down with sharing this story that just broke within the last 24 hours. That’s right, not just a day ago unc0ver announced an update to their very stable iOS 11 jailbreak. If you’re on iOS 11, you can read more about that here. You know what, let’s just get right into it because I just have too much to share with you!
So yeah, unc0ver has a great update to make it work with iOS 12. But what are some of the features of unc0ver that make it so great? Well here is a laundry list of reasons to use it.
- ‘All exploits in same app
- Detailed error messages
- Faster patches
- More stable patches
- No extra battery drain
- No random freezes
- No random slow downs
- No data is logged or shared
- No malware
- Proper jailbreak state detection
- Proper bootstrap extraction to fix issues such as Cydia not appearing after jailbreak
- Native build of Cydia for iOS 11 and 12
- Telesphoreo port for ARM64
- Much faster Cydia
- Much more stable Cydia
- Much more modern looking and acting Cydia
- Cydia skips uicache when not needed
- Cydia supports iPhone X screen size
- Cydia Substrate for tweak injection
- Much faster ldrestart
- Much more stable ldrestart
- Changes to Cydia were made with permission from Saurik
- Option to skip loading daemons
- Option to dump APTicket
- Option to refresh icon cache
- Option to disable auto updates
- Option to block app revokes
- Option to restore RootFS
- Button to restart device
- Button to open Cydia in case it doesn’t appear on the Home Screen
- Label to show the days left till the application expires
- Working debugserver
- An awesome UI’
Are there any downsides to the jailbreak for iOS 12? Well yes, but they’re nominal at best.
- It only works on iOS 12.1.2 or lower. So if you’re on 12.1.3 or higher, you cannot jailbreak it. But as of the time of this writing, you can downgrade to 12.1.1 Beta 3 and jailbreak. So google and try that method.
- This is still a beta jailbreak for testing. While all is working beautifully for myself, it could have its hiccups. So keep that in mind, don’t just angry tweet about it. Just be patient and updates will come.
- It only works on A8X-A11 devices. So basically every modern phone except the XS and the XS Max.
If you need Instructions:
We officially have a walkthrough for jailbreaking on the PC. Click here to get jailbreaking!
If you like the author’s work, follow him on Twitter @V1RACY and don’t forget to enter the weekly giveaways!
And as always, stay tuned here on Hackinformer.com for so much more and follow us on Twitter @Hackinformer