Oh man, just when you thought that the iOS 11 scene was done and over with, more stuff happens. A lot of you are already aware of the Electra jailbreak for iOS 11. Some of you may even be aware that there was a new exploit that made it not so finicky. However, we’re not here to talk about Electra today. This time around we’re going to discuss unc0ver for iOS 11, why you want it over the other jailbreak, and how to install it right on your phone without a PC!
Improvements Over Other Jailbreaks:
- ‘All exploits in the same app
- Detailed error messages
- Faster patches
- More stable patches
- No extra battery drain
- No random freezes
- No random slowdowns
- No data is logged or shared
- No malware
- A proper jailbreak state detection
- Proper bootstrap extraction to fix issues such as Cydia not appearing after jailbreak
- A native build of Cydia for iOS 11
- Telesphoreo port for ARM64
- Much faster Cydia
- Much more stable Cydia
- Much more modern looking and acting Cydia
- Cydia skips uicache when not needed
- Cydia supports iPhone X screen size
- Cydia Substrate for tweak injection
- Much faster ldrestart
- Much more stable ldrestart
- Changes to Cydia were made with permission from Saurik
- Option to skip loading daemons
- Option to dump APTicket
- Option to refresh icon cache
- Option to disable auto updates
- Option to block app revokes
- Option to restore RootFS
- Button to restart the device
- Button to open Cydia in case it doesn’t appear on the Home Screen
- Label to show the days left till the application expires
- Working debug server
- An awesome UI’
So that is a major breakdown of all of the amenities that unc0ver has to offer. This is all on top of the fact that you get to use Cydia by default. But, if you know how to do it, you can also install Sileo. This would add just another reason to be jailbroken in the first place.
Instructions (Must use these from your phone):
- 1. Go to this link.
- 2. Tap the little icon in the lower left corner that looks like a box with an arrow coming out of it. Warning, there may be a random pop up at some point that looks like it is legit. Asking if you want to install a VPN. Just close it by pressing the X in the upper lefthand corner and continue on.
- 3. Tap the word Jailbreaks on the screen.
- 6. Choose the Install button.
- 7.unc0ver will then be somewhere on your home screen, ignore it for now.
- 8. Go into your iPhone settings, choose General, then Device Management, then tap on the new Profile installed. Once inside tell it to Trust and confirm it.
- 10. ENJOY THE JAILBREAK! Cydia should now be installed.
If you like the author’s work, follow him on Twitter @V1RACY and don’t forget to enter the weekly giveaways!
And as always, stay tuned here on Hackinformer.com for so much more and follow us on Twitter @Hackinformer