It seems like just yesterday there was an update for Team Xecuter’s SX OS. Well, don’t worry, you aren’t crazy. They did indeed release an update to it not even 24 hours ago. However, there were some hiccups that needed to be tended to. So let’s talk about it.
6.0.0 Firmware Support
“We received some feedback from some expert users who are early adopters of the upcoming 6.0 firmware update. It appears we had overlooked something which made SXOS not boot firmware 6.0 for users with an exFAT formatted microSD card. …Suffice to say, we wasted no time to track down the root cause of this issue and fixed it up for you, still ahead of the official 6.0 release schedule!”
“Another thing which has been addressed is the incompatibility of the current “layeredFS” implementation with firmware 6.0. SX OS will now automatically disable “layeredFS” support when running on firmware 6.0, preventing any crashes/hangs.”
- Download the latest SX OS boot.dat file from here.
- Insert your Switch’s microSD card into your computer.
- Drag and drop boot.dat file to the microSD card. If you have an old boot.dat file, let this overwrite it. If you’re a new SX OS user, this just sits on the root.
- Return your microSD card to your Switch and use it how you always have.
- Boot the system using the SX Pro dongle or the payload injection method as you always have.
If you like the author’s work, follow him on Twitter @V1RACY and don’t forget to enter the weekly giveaways!
And as always, stay tuned here on Hackinformer.com for so much more and follow us on Twitter @Hackinformer