The PS4 has gotten some new tools lately that really helped use fake PKG’s to play PS2 games. Well, it wasn’t going to be too much longer until we started seeing dumpers and other ways to run fake PKG files on the PS4 with firmware 405.
This tool released by xvortex does exactly what it’s supposed to and can dump any of your PS4 games. Once you dump these games and make some modifications to make them into fake PKG files to store on the hard drive. So you don’t have to put the disc in to play the game every single time.
ps4-dumper v1.6 gengp4 v1.7
Add payload config file, bugfixes
All-in-one game dumper for PS4
1) Turn on the console, insert disc (or run psn title), install all game patches;
2) Plug-in the USB stick, run the ps4-dumper payload (.bin or standalone);
3) Run your game, make sure to get the main menu, minimize game (PS Button);
4) Wait till completion. When the process is finished the console will shut down
automatically (it is normal, not a panic shutdown);
5) Turn on your console, remove disc, uninstall the game (for further testing);
6) On PC: Plug-in the USB Stick, then open gengp4.exe, point into CUSAxxxxx dir
and press Generate.GP4, You should get the ‘Done.’, then press Save.GP4;
7) Open .gp4 in the orbis-pub-gen and build .pkg file
(You can get the orbis-pub-gen tool via PKG_Fake_Generator);
8) Run PS4HEN payload, install and test your .pkg;