Today project Android X86 announced RC2 (release candidate 2). This version of Andriod X86 is based on Android Marshmallow-MR2 release (6.0.1_r61) and if fixes quite a few issues in from the last release. There are still a few known issues, like the display of built-in browser messes up sometimes on Skylake GPU or suspend and resume doesn’t work on some devices.
- Launch the Android-x86 Analytics Program to collect anonymous data from users.
- Update kernel to 4.4.17 with more upstream patches.
- Update Mesa to 12.0.1. The unstable issues of i965/i915/Nvidia GPUs found in 6.0-rc1 are fixed.
- Fix software rendering crashing issues on VM like QEMU and VirtualBox.
- Fix modules auto loading method to improve hardware compatibility.
- Improve audio hal sound card selection.
- Auto-mount USB/sdcard with ext4/ntfs/exfat/vfat filesystems.
- Add back SDCARD=xxx function to vold 3.0.
- RTC time is set to local.
The prebuilt images are available in the following site: