Another firmware release from Nintendo, another release from the custom firmwares of the world. It’s the great cat and mouse game that will probably never stop. Nintendo released 10.0.0 and then 10.0.1 shortly after. Today’s topic of discussion is SX OS 2.9.5 on Nintendo’s 10.0.1.
- ‘Full support for firmware 10.0(.1)
The latest and greatest firmware is fully supported now. This includes compatibility with the minor update released this week (10.0.1)!
- Local Multiplayer over the internet (LAN play) updated.
Local Multiplayer over the internet (LAN play) has gotten some stability improvements. This should help with newer games like Animal Crossing. Please keep in mind to use appropriate MTU/PMTU settings, as some games are very picky about the introduced latency when playing over the internet.
- Support for chinese gamecart images.
We have added support for playing backups of chinese gamecart (XCI) images. The switch released in Mainland China only has very few cartridges available at the moment, but this groundwork has also been made so we can support playing western games on chinese switches that soon will be able to run SX OS using our new SX Core/Lite product family!’
Where to Buy:
The best current place to buy in the US, and generally has sales pretty often is from Mod3DSCard’s site. If you need an SX Core or SX Lite, their site may have some. But in the US, they’re a bit harder to find.
Instructions for first-time users of the SX Pro/SX Gear dongles:
Download the latest SX OS beta boot.dat file from xecuter’s website,
- Insert your Switch’s microSD card into your computer.
- Drag and drop boot.dat file to the microSD card. If you have an old boot.dat file, let this overwrite it. If you’re a new SX OS user, this just sits on the root.
- Return your microSD card to your Switch and use it how you always have.
- Boot the system using the SX Pro dongle or the payload injection method as you always have.
Instructions for current users:
- Go into the photo album app while using your current SX OS.
- Once inside, user the R1 button to go all of the ways to the furthest right options menu.
- The final option at the bottom should be to update SX OS.
- Follow the prompts to update.