Holy smokes! Nobody really saw this coming, but there is now an official jailbreak for (most) iDevices on 12.4! I could barely stand the excitement, so I rushed to the computer to write up this article for you giving you all of the details. I myself was on 12.0.1 (or something like that) running unc0ver, but I’m updating my 7 Plus as we speak. Let’s just dive in!
Changelog (it’s only one, big change):
- ‘Add iOS 12.4 support to the Sock Puppet (A8-A11) and Sock Port (A7-A7X) exploits’
What You’ll Need to Jailbreak:
- A PC.
- Your mobile device must be an A8X through A11 device. (Google if you’re uncertain)
- Must have iTunes already installed.
- The 3.5.0 unc0ver .ipa file.
- The most up to date Cydia Impactor.
- Your device’s USB cord.
- Open Cydia Impactor and connect your device. If Cydia Impactor cannot start, it’s because you don’t have iTunes installed.
- Drag the unc0ver ipa file you downloaded onto the Cydia Impactor window.
- Enter your Apple ID (email and password).
- Open Settings, go to General, then click on Profiles & Device Management.
- Trust the new certificate for unc0ver.
- Now you can open unc0ver from your home screen.
- Tap the ‘Jailbreak’ button.
- It has 38 steps to clear. You’ll know it worked properly if you get a window at the very end that says you’ve jailbroken successfully. It then exits back out to the homescreen and you’ll have Cydia. If it doesn’t work right, your phone will restart. That’s fine, just go into unc0ver again and hit the ‘Jailbreak’ button again. I had to do it three times the very first time and then Cydia finally popped onto my phone.
- Once Cydia’s installed, enjoy!
If you like the author’s work, follow him on Twitter @V1RACY and don’t forget to enter the weekly giveaways!
And as always, stay tuned here on Hackinformer.com for so much more and follow us on Twitter @Hackinformer