Nintendo Switch FW Update 6.2.0 is a game changer since its blocks all CFW as of now, DO NOT UPDATE if you like to keep using CFW. Now most of us that use CFW probably think why should we worry, they will have it cracked in no time, just previous FW updates.
PSA: 6.2.0 changed everything. Package1 crypto now heavily relies on TSEC. https://t.co/RAErzalmUs
— Mike Heskin (@hexkyz) November 20, 2018
Well, this is not like previous FW updates where they just had to get a new master key, this is a game changer to key generation on the Switch.
Now, this could take a really long time to crack and probably rebuild all CFW for the Nintendo Switch too, so we probably won’t see a quick fix for this FW in a day or two.
Once again do not update to 6.2.0 make sure you turn on airplane mode or use a DNS so you don’t accidentally update!
Note that these DNS servers will need to be set on each network you connect your device to for it to block updates!
- Launch System Settings
- Navigate to
- Select your current network
- This is signified by a green check mark next to the network
- Select “Change Settings”
- Set “DNS Settings” to “Manual”
- Set “Primary DNS” to
- Set “Secondary DNS” to
- Save the network settings
- Exit System Settings
How to Delete the Update Data that’s stuck in your Switch.
- Power off your device
- Power on your device while holding (Power) + (Volume Up) + (Volume Down)
- Do not select any of the options
- Any downloaded update data has been deleted from your system just by entering this menu
Press (Power) to power off your device updates are now blocked on your device for the configured network.