Lua Player Plus by Rinnegatamante is a Lua Interpreter for the Playstation Vita. It runs with Lua 5.3.3 and features a Debug FTP Server for runtime debugging. According to Rinnegatamante someone once requested 4 Player Controller Support and he is now nearly finished implementing it so that it can be used in homebrew.
Way back someone asked me for up to 4 controllers support on lpp-vita for PSTV. https://t.co/5DEOuArHRU A new official release is very near.
— Rinnegatamante (@Rinnegatamante) June 25, 2017
Here’s the full list of things Lua Player Plus is able to do by now:
- Advanced 2D Graphics Rendering (GPU)
- Basic 3D Graphics Rendering (GPU Soft-rendered)
- Native support to 0BJ models
- Native support to TTF fonts
- Native support to BMP/PNG/JPG images
- Complete sound system with support for:
- WAVEform audio files (.wav) with PCM8/PCM16/ADPCM codecs.
- Audio Interchange File Format audio files (.aif/.aiff) with PCM8/PCM16 codecs.
- Moving Picture Expert Group-1/2 Audio Layer 3 audio files (.mp3) with MPEG-1 Audio Layer III/MPEG-2 Audio Layer III codecs.
- Musical Instrument Digital Interface audio files (.midi).
- Ogg Media audio files (.ogg/.opus) with Vorbis/Opus codecs.
- Controls system with full console support
- Support to dualshock rumble feature for PSTV.
- Support to home button locking/unlocking
- Built-in debug FTP server
- Complete sockets system support
- Access to a lot of Sony syscalls
- I/O access for any filesystem
- Native support to ZIP archives
- Native support to SFO file descriptors
- Timer system
- Advanced arithmetical functions support (math library)
If you want to get the latest nightly you can download it from their official nightly builder. The Nightlies will be done every 4 hours.
I’m curious what we will see with this new 4 Player controller support on a Playstation TV. I hope we get some fun Multiplayer Homebrew you can play with your Friends or Family.