Just recently Nintendo updated their FW for the 3DS to 11.1.0-34 and it blocked quite a few exploits but developer qlutoo just updated Freakyhax to work on FW 11.1.0-34. Now developer smealum has also updated NinjaHax to work on the latest FW.
NinjHax should work with FW11.1 as smealum has fixed the bugs that made the first release not work.
If you don’t know what NinjaHax is here is a brief description.
Ninjhax 2.7 is a piece of software that allows you to run unsigned code on your 3DS. In practice, this means being able to run homebrew applications such as games, tools and emulators! Additionally, ninjhax 2.0 allows you to run many out-of-region gamecards, as well as use custom themes on your console. What’s pretty awesome is that this runs on firmware version 11.1, the latest one.
You need exactly three things to run unsigned code on your console :
> A 3DS, 3DS XL or 2DS console with a firmware version between 9.0.0-X and 11.1.0-X. X can be any digit.
> An SD card compatible with your 3DS (the one it comes with will of course do).
> A copy of the game CUBIC NINJA, either from retail or eShop.
(retail is available in US, EU and JPN; eshop was JPN-only)
1. Go to the get ninjhax section of this page and enter your console’s firmware version.
2. Submit the form; you should get your very own ninjhax QR code.
3. Download the homebrew starter kit and extract it at the root of your SD card. Alternatively, you may choose to only download The Homebrew Launcher menu executable and place it at the root of your SD card. No matter what, after this step, you should have a file named boot.3dsx placed at the root of your SD card.
4. Make sure your 3DS’s wifi connection is enabled and connected to the internet (this is important!).
5. Start CUBIC NINJA on your console, choose “Create”, then “QR code”, and finally “Scan QR code”.
6. Scan the QR Code. This step might take a couple tries; make sure you fill up as much of your 3DS’s screen with the QR code. If scanning the QR code returns to menu with an error, try a few more times.
7. Follow the on screen instructions. You may choose not to install the exploit to your gamecard’s savedata, though doing so is not recommended.
8. OPTIONAL – once the ninjhax is installed to your gamecard, just go back to the “QR code” menu and it’ll run automatically!
9. OPTIONAL – you can now run homebrew apps on your 3DS! Simply drag and drop application folders into the “3ds/” directory that was created on your SD card by ninjhax.