UPDATE: TheFlow managed to greatly increase compatibility with games. We advise you to wait for the next release to start dumping your games because it will probably save you a lot of time and testing. 😀
Oh yeaah! I have just increased compatibility by alot! Killzone finally working and probably a hundred more..
— TheFloW (@theflow0) August 31, 2016
After the bad news yesterday about Team Freek leaving the scene after the leak of the dumping software and lots of people bitching and whining and calling them names, developer TheFlow decided that he will still release the latest version of the dumper since the leaked version was a older test version of the dumper.
I’m really grateful, even though people hated on Team Freek and their participants and their software that was leaked. They are still going to do a proper release of the software. But for now, let’s get to the features this version has. This version has 444mhz overclock support for dumped games and better compatibility with games as well as a progress bar and some minor under the hood fixes. So after reading this you will probably want to try it out so here is how it works 🙂
What you need:
PS Vita on Firmware 3.60 with HENkaku installed
Added support for cartridges dumping which have grw0:.
Added files restoration in case your dump failed (fixes 0x80010011 error and Morphine name in LA. You need to launch Vitamin in order to restore the files).
EDIT: If you downloaded vitamin at release and it crashes when doing the dumps please download the new version. It fixed the crash bug 🙂
1. Connect to your PSVita with FTP and copy Vitamin_v1.0.vpk to ux0.
2. Install Vitamin_v1.0.vpk on your PSVita
3. Close FTP and open Vitamin. It will show all installed games as well as Apps like Twitch
4. Press X on the game you want to dump. You can dump the full game as well as the patch files. To be able to play your decrypted game with a patch later you will have to also decrypt the patch file or it will not work.
5. Now choose what you want to dump.
6. Start the process by pressing cross. It will show you some information and prompt you to press x to open party. Do it and then without closing party go back to Vitamin. Then press X to start the Dump. (Depending on the Game size this can take over an hour to finish dumping)
7. When it dumped the game files it will switch between vitamin and the app you are dumping to decrypt the eboot.bin and finish the backup. When its done it will look like this.
8. You will find the dumped game in ux0:/Vitamin/YourDumpedGame.vpk and your patch as ux0:Vitamin/YourDumpedPatch.zip
9. Just delete your original game and install the VPK to test if it works correctly. To also test the Patch files just extract the files from the .zip archive and copy it to ux0:/patch/YourGameName/
How to use the amphetamine Plugin with Vitamin Dumped games
1. Extract amphetamine_plugin.zip
2. Use MolecularShell to copy plugins to ux0:
3. Start any game dumped with Vitamin and hold select a few seconds to load the plugin menu and change the CPU Frequency, BUS Frequency, and GPU Frequency 🙂
A big shootout to TheFlow, Major Tom, and Mr.Gas who, even though their software has been leaked, provided an official release for us to use 🙂