A few weeks ago PlayStation was asking for beta testers for the new upcoming FW and today they announced that the beta testing will start soon, plus some big key features. The number one key features that most of you are waiting for is the remote play for the PC & Mac, now in the beta testing you won’t be able to beta test this feature but it coming, this next update.
New Social Features
- Friend Online Notification – Want to know the moment your friends come online? With this update, you can, as we’ve added an option to be notified when members of your friends list sign on the network.
- Appear Offline – Sometimes you want to play a game or watch a movie without being bothered by friends. Now it’s easier to go incognito as we’ve added the option to appear offline. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile or the Quick Menu.
- User Scheduled Event – Time for a play date! We’ve added the ability to schedule a future gameplay session with your friends on the system. When your event starts, users who registered for the event will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away.
- Play Together – This features allows all members of a Party to see what each person is playing so that you can easily join a friend’s game, or start a new game together.
Other New System Features
- Remote Play (PC/Mac) – We’re bringing PS4 Remote Play to Windows PC and Mac. This feature won’t be available to test in the beta, but you can look forward to it soon.
- Dailymotion – With this update, you’ll be able to live stream directly to Dailymotion on PS4. We’ll also support archiving livebroadcasts, like we do for other streaming services.
Some of you might be already enjoying remote play with Twisted app for the PC that cost you about $10.00. Now twisted has made some big improvements to this remote play program but at that same time, it had a quite a few hiccups with those new features like keyboard and mouse support. Twisted app is still great and has a lot more support for features.
There is no word on how PlayStation’s remote play will work and if it will support keyboard & mouse controls. In my opinion, it’s going to be just like the Android app were we will have some way of register the DS4 controller and so on. There still a lot more we all would like to know about PlayStation remote play like display rate or if we have options to help suit each different laptop out there. Let’s just hope it’s not like PlayStation’s CMA for the PSVita as so many people and even I have had a lot of issues with it.
Also, this puts the final nail in the coffin for the PlayStation TV and Sony has said at CES that some Samsung Smart TV would be allowed to use the Android remote play app but nothing in that department has developed yet. So are you excited for this next FW update and do you think this will hurt the PSVita even more? Let us know in the comments below.