The lessHAX is a modification of Smea’s homebrew launcher ROP and code. If your familiar with MenuHax then your well aware of the boot rate success and the debug code that comes with it. The aim of this project is to increase the boot rate success, make MenuHax look more professional when booting to CTR Boot Manager and CFW. Keep in mind that this is optimized for FW9.0/FW9.2 users. If your looking to clean up your 3DS and make it awesome I will guide you thru the process.
Old/New 3DS FW9.0 & 9.2 (US/EU/J)
my boot.cfg file
- Download and unzip all the necessary files.
- Use the RXTools Tutorial first.
- Boot sysNAND.
- Add an internet connection (DO NOT UPDATE YOUR 3DS)
- Add this URL http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php on your 3DS browser and click on the appropriate link to launch the homebrew launcher.
- Navigate to MenuHax Manager.
- Use whatever MenuHax configuration option you want to use. (Recommend option 2 and R for the trigger to launch sysNAND)
- Turn off 3DS and place SD Card into the PC.
- Replace the MenuHax Payload [Root of SD Card] with the appropriate lessHAX payload from the lessHAX folder.
- Rename the boot.3dsx from the CTR Boot Manager folder to less.3dsx and place it in the root of the SD Card. (Do not use the included boot.cfg)
- Place my boot.cfg file in the root of your SD Card.
- Place the menuhax_imagedisplay.bin in the root of your SD Card.
- Place the SD Card back into your 3DS
- My boot.cfg will boot straight to the Boot Menu
- Launch emuNAND and install the Homebrew Launcher cia file with FBI to access the 2.5 payload. [To maintain full homebrew compatibility with the Homebrew Launcher.]
- If you want to cold boot RXTools you need to navigate to the more option in CTR Boot Manager.
- From there select Settings
- Set Timeout to 0
- Set Default to RXTools with Pasta CFW
- Set Bootfix to 8 (Old 3DS) / Set Bootfix to 2 (New 3DS)
- Set Recovery Key to L
I hope you enjoyed using my personal setup and let us know what you think about our MenuHax Splashscreen. Share your comments and pics with us on twitter 🙂
Team Hackinformer signing out