Today I have some good news on the Android PS4 Remote Play front for FW3.00. Over at XDA user, twisted89 has released an update to the PS4 Remote Play app for Android here is what he had to say
This is just a temporary fix. I’ve managed to update the old app with the new Remote Play protocol so it works but doesn’t have the frontend features of the new app (single sign on, 360p resolution option), it should have everything from the last release but I haven’t tested much.
This is a Port of the Official PS4 Remote Play App for Android. The mod consists of a single APK file that can be installed on any device that meets the requirements below.
- Root Check/APK Signature Check Disabled.
- Connection Speed Check Removed.
- Wifi Check Removed.
- XML/JAR Dependencies Removed.
- Downgraded Minimum Required SDK to 4.0.
- Native controller Support for Dualshock and Nvidia Shield (Beta) – Dualshock Instructions below.
- Android 4.0+
- PS4 setup correctly for remoteplay http://manuals.playstation.net/docum…ainternet.html
- Download APK.
- Copy to device and install or use the adb command “adb install <apk>” from your PC.
Dualshock Bluetooth Setup Instructions:
- Download and Install Sixaxis Controller App
- Follow in-app instructions for pairing your controller.
- In the sixaxis app preferences ensure ‘Enable Gamepad’ is checked under ‘Gamepad Settings’
- Edit mappings in the sixaxis app so that x = A, circle = B, square = X, triangle = Y
- Load up remote play app and play!
LTE setup/Error 8801e209
Thanks to @Max4143
- Depending on your carrier all you have to do is create another access point name (via connection settings, more networks, mobile networks, then Access point names) with the same exact information
- When you get to APN Protocol, input ipv4 instead of ipv6. you should now be able to remote play over data network as well as wifi
- Sixaxis doesn’t map the action buttons correctly, see Bluetooth instructions above to fix this.
- PS button only working on OTG and native Bluetooth, Sixaxis doesn’t support the PS button.
- The touchpad is not yet working.
Version 3.3 fixes a few bugs and issues with the app.
Thanks for reading and as always keep doing it for the love of the game.