Say goodbye to needing a PC to launch native homebrews. Frangar and others present… Vita Defiler for Android – Android Defiler!
One of the advantages of PSM Dev for Unity over normal PSM Dev is that you don’t need a cable to launch homebrews anymore, just wi-fi. It was only a matter of time before someone made an Android app, which was finally released earlier today! This is quite a big step for the future of Vita homebrews.
How to use Android Defiler:
Firstly, download latest Rejuvenate-0.3.3. if you don’t have it yet.
- Download uvloader.vds and uvloader.bin and transfer them to the root of your Android device. (default storage directory)
- Download and transfer your desired homebrews to your Android device.
- Install and launch sdk.vita.androiddefiler-Aligned.apk
- Select a homebrew from your Android device.
- Launch PSM Dev for Unity and then Vita defiler client.
Note: Of course, you can also download all files straight to your phone.
Credits to Frangar, Yifan, MrNetrix, MysteryDash, Ezio and others.
Make sure that:
- you have a file browser you can use
- both devices (PS Vita/PS TV and Android device) are connected to the same network.
- Portable hotspot works too.
Report working / not working android devices and other issues here.
app is too unstable, launches one homebrew in 20 tries, constantly crashing
Does one still need a vita first for PSTV users? As I don’t have one yet and have been patiently waiting. Luckily I have Freedom Wars and Soul Sacrifice Delta to keep me company.
There is a way to transfer to the PSTV without a vita memory card swap. Look in our article announcing the Unity rejuvenate.
Will have to wait and see, of course it will probably have to be on a jailbroken iphone. The Xamarin license that they used can be coded in C# for idevices too.. You can read more about it here.. http://hackinformer.com/2015/08/18/psvita-vitadefiler-for-android-is-working/