RetroArch ‘Neo’ 1.7.3b has been released for the NES/SNES Classic for use with Hakchi2 CE v1.2.5. Thanks to the hard work of Swingflip, Bslenul, and CompCom and Hakchi by MadMonkey.
For the few of you that may have missed this before RetroArch ‘Neo’ allows you to run RetroArch on your NES/SNES Classic.
The best news is for all the Nand users out there since now it’s only a 5mb file instead of the 12mb from before. The Stability fixes for intensive cores such as N64, PSX thus reducing C8 crashing.
Also for those of you that have your NES/SNES Classic on there, home network storage support has been added as well. I have been using this for a few days now and I have to say it’s an amazing improvement.
RetroArch ‘Neo’ 1.7.3b – July 2018
Please note: We have removed the extension renaming so new saves for certain cores are not backward compatible with old RA versions.
Please note: NES cores are no longer bundled with RA. You will need to download them separately from HR.com or the ModStore.
Please note: Standalone RetroArch Saves will be located in your saves under CLV-RETROARCH
- A huge amount of optimization and streamlining reduced deployed package size by over half! (Complete RA now only ~5mb compared to ~12mb)
- RA Saves and savestates fully functional and working for all cores (that support them!)
- Launching RetroArch standalone now fully functional and working. Saves also supported.
- Switching roms within RetroArch standalone now supports saving.
- Stability fixes for intensive cores (N64, PSX) reducing the risk of C8 crashing.
- Added ability to now download and update cores directly from the RA menu via HakchiCloud!
- Added network storage support. You can now play entire romsets and media directly from your networked drives!
- Playlist support now implemented. Add thousands of roms to your RetroArch GUI with boxart and thumbnails and launch the roms directly from the GUI (No GUI limit!)
- New layout look
- Saving mechanism reworked better functionality and Hakchi Save Manager support.
- Loading and shutting down of RetroArch times reduced via optimization.
- Fixed occasional C8 errors when launching RetroArch directly
- Holding R now enables bezel mode per core instead of individual games
- Numerous bug fixes
RetroArch ‘Neo’ 1.7.3b new feature overview and how-to video
You can get your copyright from the ModStore in the Hakchi2 CE v1.2.5 PC App or from this link.
Thanks for reading and keep doing it for the love of the game.