Developer Alexander from openmodding team has just released a new Version of his FERROX CFW.
I’M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BRICKED PS3s, THERMONUCLEAR WAR AND UNICORNS FLYING AROUND YOUR HOUSE! 🙂
YOU WILL NEED FIRMWARE 3.55 OR A CFW INSTALLED ON YOUR PS3. ALL CFW COMPATIBLE CONSOLES CAN BE FOUND HERE.IT NEEDS TO BE DOWNGRADABLE TO 3.55.
FERROX CFW is a so called Dual-Boot CFW. Dual Boot firmwares are a slightly modified version of Official Firmware for CFW Users. This firmware will act and behave the same ways as an Official Firmware but allow for CFW Users to return back to CFW when they choose to. The advantage of this firmware is that it allows CFW user’s to play their disc games with less risk of getting banned when playing online. BUT THERE IS STILL THE RISK OF GETTING BANNED SO I ADVISE YOU TO NOT PLAY ONLINE WITH CFW. Here are the Features
- Built-based OFW 4.75
- Disabled the CoreOS and control ECDSA
- LV1: patched to remove the protection LV2
- LV1: patched CoreOS Hash Check (prevents brick from the console downgradate not dehashed)
- LV1: Peek & Poke
- LV2: Peek & Poke
- Compatibility PS2 Games
- Compatibility PSP Remastered
- Compatibility PSP Minis
- Key 4.75 (start games with keys 4.70 EBOOT / sprx)
- PSN / SEN Enabled.
- RSOD Screen Bypass for consoles suffering from RSOD
- BT Remote PS3 patch
- PS3 BluRay DISC patch
- Compatibility with the latest version of REACTPSN
- App_home / PS3_GAME *
- Install Package Files *h
- Ability to Downgrade from OFW 3:55 with QA activated.
- Upgradable from any CFW’s
- Support XMB InGame ScreenShot Feature
- Support Remote Play Feature
- Stability as nell’OFW 4.75
- Ability to downgrade from any custom firmware with QA activated.
This CFW got sucessfully tested on:
Following Homebrews were also tested and confirmed working:
CECH-L04 webMAN MOD v1.42
CECH-L04 Mamba PRX Loader
CECH-L04 VSH PRX Loader (Unofficial) v1.11
CECH-L04 SEN Enabler v5.8.3
CECH-L04 GameSonic ControlFan 3.0
You can download the CFW here
1. After you downloaded the File make a Folder on you USB stick called PS3 and in the PS3 folder make a folder called UPDATE.
2. Rename the downloaded 475FERROXCEX.PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP and copy it in the PS3->UPDATE folder.It should look like this:
3.Stick the USB Stick into your PS3 and go to Settings->System Update->Update via Storage Media and let it install FERROX.
After a successful installation it is recommend to go into Recovery
1. Turn off Playstation®3.
2. Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be promted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
7. Choose Restore File System and Rebuild Database
8.When it finished shutdown the PS3 and turn it on again
Congratulations you now have a clean FERROX 4.75 installation 🙂