Great news from yesterday was the release of the Chimera jailbreak! This is a jailbreak that works on all iDevices as long as they’re running iOS 12 up to 12.1.2. Yes, this means even your A12X device. If this sounds exciting to you, then great! I have some instructions for you on how to get it installed! Note, this doesn’t cover the AppleTV as I don’t have one to test it on. Please stay tuned and we’ll have that for you ASAP.
What You’ll Need:
- A PC.
- An iDevice running iOS 12, but not exceeding 12.1.2. Even the betas below 12.1.2 work!
- Must have iTunes already installed.
- The most recent Chimera ipa file. (The left download button is for a mobile device, the right button is for your Apple TV)
- The most up to date Cydia Impactor.
- Your device’s USB cord.
- Open Cydia Impactor and connect your device. If Cydia Impactor cannot start, it’s because you don’t have iTunes installed.
- Drag the Chimera ipa file you downloaded onto the Cydia Impactor window.
- Enter your Apple ID (email and password).
- Open Settings, go to General, then click on Profiles & Device Management.
- Trust the new certificate for Chimera.
- Now you can open Chimera from your home screen.
- Tap the ‘Jailbreak’ button. It will most likely tell you a reboot is necessary for a better jailbreak installation.
- Reboot phone.
- Once the phone is rebooted, you can now tap the ‘Jailbreak’ button once more.
- Let it do it’s steps. If it asks you to reboot along the way, do so. Then once your device is rebooted, go back into Chimera and press ‘Jailbreak’ again. Do this as many times as it asks you. It shouldn’t be more than 3 though.
- Once Sileo is installed, enjoy!
If you like the author’s work, follow him on Twitter @V1RACY and don’t forget to enter the weekly giveaways!
And as always, stay tuned here on Hackinformer.com for so much more and follow us on Twitter @Hackinformer