This beta has an interesting new feature in it. I’ll not spoil the surprise, but it builds on top of the fact that SX OS can run XCI files and nobody else can. Expanding on that feature can only be good right?!
- ‘LayeredFS compatibility fixes
It appears we introduced a regression in “LayeredFS” support in 2.5.0. This affected certain game mods like fan translations. This has been tracked down and fixed!
- Improved Internet Local Wireless Play
Numerous stability fixes and improvements have been made to the Internet Local Wireless Play functionality.
- Fixed false positive ‘corrupted’ message for installer
The Switch software management menu has an option for verifying the integrity of installed titles. When using this functionality with titles that have been installed through our NSP installer you would always get a message saying the title data is corrupt. This was mostly a false positive as the installed titles worked fine.. but we’ve hunted down the root cause of this and fixed this cosmetic shortcoming for all new installs!
- Add support for installing XCI
You read it right, as of now, you can also *install* titles that come in XCI format, just as you would be able to do for any content that comes in NSP format. This is useful for people who would like to access all of their games from the home menu screen instead of going through our menu. Of course, you can still play XCI titles without installing as well!’
Where to Buy:
The best current place to buy in the US, and generally has sales pretty often is from Mod3DSCard’s site. I have the link here if you just need an SX OS license, here if you want to buy just an SX Gear, or here if you want the grand daddy SX Pro.
- Download the latest SX OS beta boot.dat file from here.
- Insert your Switch’s microSD card into your computer.
- Drag and drop boot.dat file to the microSD card. If you have an old boot.dat file, let this overwrite it. If you’re a new SX OS user, this just sits on the root.
- Return your microSD card to your Switch and use it how you always have.
- Boot the system using the SX Pro dongle or the payload injection method as you always have.
If you like the author’s work, follow him on Twitter @V1RACY and don’t forget to enter the weekly giveaways!
And as always, stay tuned here on Hackinformer.com for so much more and follow us on Twitter @Hackinformer