Another year, another Apple conference. Today was Apple’s big day and they covered a lot. Without further delay, here is a recap of their event today.
- Apple opened with speaking about how eco-friendly the products are.
- Shigeru Miyamoto (beloved Video Game Developer from Nintendo) Hits the stage and speaks about the partnership between Apple and Nintendo.
- Miyamoto announces Super Mario Run for Apple Products scheduled to come out later this year. This is one of many games that will be coming out for Apple Products.
- Up next, we are told about iWork which is receiving a huge update. The update entails of Real-Time Collaboration with others. This is similar to Google Docs.
- Following this, Apple being speaking about their Apple Watch. It was the 2nd watch rated worldwide behind Rolex.
- The Apple Watch 2 was announced.
- Apple Watch 2, officially titled Apple Watch Series 2, is priced at $369. Apple Watch, now renamed as Apple Watch Series 1, is $269. Below are the specs.
- Dual Core Processor (the new editions of the series 1 models will come with this when they release)
- At least double the screen brightness
- Water Resistant for at most 50 Meters
- This is cool because if water gets into the speaker, you simply press a button and the watch ejects the water from the watch
- Built-in GPS
- This works for the new 911 function as well
- No more reliance on the iPhone pairing
- Ships with watchOS 3
- Battery life (later confirmed by others outside of the conference) is similar to the that of the Apple Watch 1
- Pokemon Go was also confirmed to come to the Apple Watch. It will be “shipped” later this year.
- We finally get to the iPhone. iPhone 7 and 7 Plus are announced.
- Specs are below:
- For Those who cannot load the pictures, below is text version of the specs:
Specs iPhone 7 OS iOS 10 Splash, Water, and Dust Resistant Rated IP67 under IEC standard 60529 Chips Quad-core A10 Fusion chip with 64-bit architecture Embedded M10 motion coprocessor RAM 2 GB Display Retina HD display with 3D Touch 4.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit widescreen next-generation Multi‑Touch display with IPS technology and Taptic Engine 1334-by-750-pixel resolution at 326 ppi 1400:1 contrast ratio (typical) 625 cd/m2 max brightness (typical) Wide Color display (P3) Dual-domain pixels for wider viewing angles Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously Display Zoom Reachability Dimensions Height: 138.3 mm Width: 67.1 mm Depth: 7.1 mm Weight 138 grams iSight Rear Camera 12-megapixel iSight camera ƒ/1.8 aperture Digital zoom up to 5x Optical image stabilization Improved local tone mapping Improved noise reduction Six‑element lens Sapphire crystal lens cover Quad-LED True Tone flash Live photos with stabilization Wide color capture for photos and Live Photos Backside illumination sensor Five-element lens Hybrid IR filter Autofocus with Focus Pixels Tap to focus with Focus Pixels Exposure control Auto HDR for photos Body and face detection Panorama (up to 63 megapixels) Auto image stabilization Burst mode Timer mode Photo geotagging Video Recording 4K video recording (3840 by 2160) at 30 fps 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps Quad-LED True Tone flash Slo-mo video support for 1080p at 120 fps and 720p at 240 fps Time-lapse video with stabilization Cinematic video stabilization Continuous autofocus video Take 8MP still photos while recording 4K video Playback zoom Body and Face detection Video geotagging FaceTime Front Camera 7-megapixel photos ƒ/2.2 aperture Retina Flash 1080p HD video recording Auto HDR for photos and videos Wide color capture for photos and Live Photos Backside illumination sensor Body and Face detection Burst mode Exposure control Timer mode Battery Not yet known Up to 2 hours longer battery life than iPhone 6s Battery life Talk time: Up to 14 hours on 3G Standby time: Up to 10 days (250 hours) Internet use (3G): Up to 12 hours Internet use (LTE): Up to 12 hours Internet use (Wi-Fi): Up to 14 hours Wireless video playback: Up to 13 hours Wireless audio playback: Up to 40 hours Cellular and Wireless GSM/EDGE UMTS/HSPA+ DC-HSDPA CDMA EV-DO Rev. A LTE Advanced (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41) 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi‑Fi with MIMO Bluetooth 4.2 GPS and GLONASS VoLTE NFC Wi-Fi calling Touch ID Second-generation fingerprint sensor built into the Home button Apple Pay Pay with your iPhone using Touch ID in stores and within apps Sensors Three-axis gyro Accelerometer Proximity sensor Ambient light sensor Barometer SIM Card Nano-SIM Connector Lightning Storage Capacity 32GB 128GB 256GB Colors Silver Gold Space Gray Rose Gold Black Jet Black
- Some cool features of the new iPhone are:
- New wireless ear pods
- There are new Beats wireless earphones in the works too.
- The iPhone storage models are now redone as well for the SE, 6s, 6s Plus. These are in addition to the 7 and 7 Plus.
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus comes in 32, 128 and 256 GB.
- The Jet Black color comes exclusively in 128 and 256 GB.
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus comes in 32, 128 and 256 GB.
- iPhone 7 Plus starts at $769 and each size will be different prices (assuming the price difference with each model is an addition 100 dollars depending on size)
- iPhone 7 Starts at $649 and each size will be different prices (assuming the price difference with each size is around 100 dollar increments)
Now for the final piece of news
iPhone 7, 7 Plus, and Apple Watch Series 2 will be available for preorder starting this FRIDAY. The release date is SEPTEMBER 16TH.
Are you interested in the new iPhone or Apple Watch? Let us know below? Personally, I want a new iPhone.