Good news everyone!
The most wanted windows consoles for gaming in development by PGSlabs is on Kickstarter now.
PGS is a portable gaming console with Windows onboard (also comes with Android in Dual boot mode), which will be capable of running all games for PC, including those of AAA class of the current generation. Here some info directly from PGSLAB:
– TECHNICAL PARAMETERS –
- CPU – Intel® Atom™ x7-Z8750 Quad-Core 2.4GHZ
- DISPLAY – QHD IPS 2560×1440 (5.7*) (HD IPS 1280×720 (5.5*) for PGS Lite)
- GPU – Intel® HD Graphics 600 MHz 16 cores
- RAM – 8GB LPDDR3 1600 (4GB LPDDR3 1600 for PGS Lite)
- OS – Windows® 10 (64-Bit), Android 6.0
- STORAGE – 128GB SSD (64GB SSD for PGS Lite)
- COMMUNICATION – 802.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth® 4.0 + 3G/LTE (without 3G/LTE for PGS Lite)
- BATTERY – Li-Po 6120mAh battery (Li-Po 4080mAh battery for PGS Lite)
- ADDITIONAL – USB 3.0 Host, HDMI 2.0 Host, 3.5mm combo, Built-in 5.0 speakers (2.0 for PGS Lite), Built-in cam and webcam (8.0MP/2.0MP) (5.0MP/1.3MP for PGS Lite), Second HD IPS display (4*), Telescopic analog sticks (basic analog sticks for PGS Lite).
- SIZE – 164.1 x 84 x 1.8 mm (160.0 x 81 x 1.4 mm for PGS Lite)
- WEIGHT – 320 g. (245 g. for PGS Lite)
The goal of $100.000 is almost there in just about one day! This means that the product has convinced many people and promise to be-be the next killer device for gaming.
Check out their super early prototype of it below.
If you want to back the project you can visit the page here.
Stay tuned on Hackinformer and my Twitter @roccocannale for further updates.
Update: Less than one day on Kickstarter and they have already reached their goal.
— PGSLab LLC (@PGS_Lab) July 1, 2016