Last week week Developer Joonie confirmed that Developers Habib and mysis were working on Cobra 7.3 which would fix the PS2 Sync issue and feature some bug fixes. Now Developer Habib updated his CFW to FW 4.78 with the new COBRA 7.3 which no longer has the PS2 Sync issues and PS2 Games can now be started through the Disc Icon in the XMB without the need to use a PS2 Loader Homebrew.
1. MADE OUT OF 4.78 OFW
2. HAVE INSTALL PACKAGE FILES AND APP_HOME
3. HAVE REACTPSN COMPATIBILITY
4. PATCHED LV0 TO DISABLE COREOS ECDSA CHECK
5. PATCHED LV2 TO ADD PEEK/POKE SUPPORT
6. PATCHED LV1 TO DISABLE LV2 PROTECTION
7. PATCHED LV1 TO ADD PEEK/ POKE SUPPORT
8. IT CAN RUN GAMES SIGNED WITH KEYS UP TO 4.78
9. CAN BE UPDATED OVER ANY CFW.
10. CAN BE UPDATED OVER 3.55 OFW
11. NOT ADDED NO BT/BD PATCHES
12. RSOD BYPASS
13. REACTPSN OFFLINE PATCH ADDED
14. BETTER SYSTEM STABILITY
15. REMOVED CINAVIA DRM FOR HDD CONTENT
16. REMOVED CINAVIA FOR BDMV
17. REMOVED CINAVIA FOR BDVD
18. QA FLAG ENABLED BY DEFAULT IF PS3 WAS QA ON 3.55
19. COBRA 7.30
21. psx compatibility same as habib 4.65(which people loved lol)(cobra)
22. SYSTEM ACTS AS A COMPLETELY NORMAL CFW WHEN COBRA DISABLED
COBRA 7.30 CHANGELOG:
1.fixed wireless sync issue on 4.46++
2.fixed issue where going to non-cobra after playing iso would cause ps2 iso reload
3.improved optical disc xmb error of data disc, if hangs, reinsert disc(data disc error was present since 4.46)
4.bc and semi-bc ps2 works without cobra, no emu swap needed
5.fixed possible bug where games with config would fail since 4.46
This CFW is only for PS3 Models up to 2,5k. Newer Slim Models and Super Slim are NOT Supported! And of course, you will need to have a CFW already installed or be on 3.55 to install this CFW!
Installation method is the same as any other CFW/MFW/OFW.
Just make a Folder called PS3 on the root of your USB and in that folder make a folder called UPDATE. Just copy the HABIB_478_CB730.PS3UPDAT.PUP in there and rename it to PS3UPDAT.PUP. Then just plug your USB into your PS3 and update via USB.
You can download the CFW here.