The Gateway team, is answering a few questions on there new 2.0 firmware update. So they have decided to answer some recurring questions that they get.
– Are you working on multirom support? Yes, they are working on multirom support. They hope to have it ready for the 2.0 release.
– Are you working on nand savegame support for pokemon/animal crossing? Yes, they will have pokemon and animal crossing working for the 2.0 release, They will not stop until they have this working!
– What can I do with emunand? It will emulate the system’s storage and redirect it to SD, which allows you to update the “emulated NAND” to latest firmware while still keeping your system’s physical NAND storage to 4.5. This means you won’t need to miss out on fun things like eShop and more.
– Will you support retail gamecards? Yes, they will add an option to launch the original firmware (with emunand support) so you can play retail gamecards.
– Will you support saving without needing to close the application? Yes, they are working on directly updating the savegame file on SD when the savegame chip is being updated. The gateway the team, hopes to have it ready for the 2.0 release.
– Are you working on supporting online play? They will start working on this after the 2.0 release.
– Are you working on supporting 5.x and 6.x 3DS systems? Yes, They have still not given up hope to support these consoles. So please be patient with them.